You may notice breakouts or flakiness that are not to your usual skin type. This transition phase is unfortunately very typical for this time of year. A common mistake that many of my clients make is to treat their breakouts with harsh acne ingredients and routines which end up causing inflammation and irritation, which in turn make the acne or flakiness more pronounced.
Here is a simple mask to assist your skin through this transitional period, clearing out the dried and keritinized skin, calming inflammation and adding a glow back to your skin.
You will need..
- Sugar- a natural exfoliate and humectant to draw moisture to your skin.
- Water or Olive Oil- To create a slip for the sugar and Olive Oil is a natural replenisher and anti-inflammatory.
- Strawberries- Naturally contain a mild amount of Salicylic Acid which exfoliates the walls of the pore that the sugar can not reach while preventing and treating breakouts.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar and 3 tablespoons of warm water. (Substitute water with Olive or Sweet Almond Oil if your skin is dehydrated)
- Once the sugar is diluted (it is important to let it soften and diluted, if sugar is too hard it will tear at your cell membrane causing premature aging and irritation)..apply to skin and exfoliate in circular motions for one minute.
- Rinse your exfoliator off and then apply mashed up strawberries to your skin and create a mask. Leave on for 5 minutes. Then rinse.