Monday, March 11, 2013
Mascara, cleansers, makeup removers, allergies, bad days...our eyelashes are along for the ride! Just like the hair on our heads, our eyelashes are made of keratin and can be prone to split ends, breakage and weakness. Here is a simple conditioner you can apply before bed once to three times a week from an item found right in your kitchen cabinet!
Homemade Lash Conditioner.
1. Dab a touch of Olive Oil (you can also use Sweet Almond Oil or Vitamin E oil so long as it it pure and does not have any added fillers or binders) onto a q-tip or small paint brush.
2. Apply oil along your lash line as if applying eyeliner. Then, paint oil from root to tip as if you are painting on mascara.
3. Wear the oil through the night and voila..in as little as two weeks you will notice thicker, healthier lashes!
Monday, February 18, 2013
Oh the ease and organization of a makeup palette. To have everything you need to get ready in one place. I struggle with the dilemma that all the palettes on the market have colors and products in them that I would not use, so I would find myself still needing multiple palettes to achieve what I could do if I just made it myself.
Here is an easy way to take all of your favorite powder based makeup and make your own palette so you still have the ease and organization of an all-in-one palette but also the personalization of your favorite colors and brands.
- Find a tin that will fit the amount of makeup you are looking for. (You can use anything from an Altoids Tin to an inexpensive tin you can find at any craft store for under $1.00)
- To losen the glue that binds your cosmetic metal tray to the packaging the cosmetic company used, apply heat with a blow dryer under your eyeshadow/blush or powder compact for approximately a minute or until the glue is playable.
- Using a pair or tweezers, loosen the metal tray holding your product from the cosmetic company's packaging.
- With a glue gun or strong hold glue, bind and place your cosmetic in the tin where you would like.
Monday, February 4, 2013
Has winter sucked all of the vibrance out of your skin? Are you feeling dull and lackluster? This is the perfect time of the year to add radiance with a skin brightening serum. A perfect skin brightening serum for this time of year adds a component of hydration as well as boosts the skin's metabolism to get your cell turnover out of hibernation. Here is one of my favorite Do It Yourself Brightening Serum Recipes.
You will need..
- One 100 mg ampule of Vitamin C - You can find this in the vitamin isle as an oral supplement.
- One 100 mg ampule of Vitamin E - "
- 1tsp. of Almond Oil or Olive Oil.
- Break open the ampules and mix them with the 4 tablespoons of water in a blender or food processor.
- Mix in the Almond or Olive Oil
- Your serum is ready. Put into a container and keep in the refrigerator for best use. Feel free to take the rest of the supplements left over orally each day to get even brighter skin from the inside out!
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Mascara wands...it can make your head spin in picking out which wand is right for you. There are thin, long wands..big, fat, monstrous wands..Spiky rubber wands..and not to mention now, wands in the shape of a tiny ball. Confused yet? Let me break it down for you in the top three wands to shop for by the look you are going for!
Rock those magic wands ladies!