- In a container, mix 6 tablespoons of coffee grounds with 1/4 cup of Olive Oil. Mix until it looks like a course mud.
- Take a dollop of the scrub and massage into your skin for one minute, then rinse.
- Store in the fridge for any time that you need a morning pick up and a touch of glow added to your skin!
Sunday, December 25, 2011
Looking for the perfect perk me up in the morning? Look no further than making your own Coffee Exfoliating Scrub! Coffee is fantastic for circulation and tightening pores..so let's get moving ladies!
Friday, December 16, 2011
If you have...
- Short Lashes: You want to look for a mascara marked as Lengthening. The polymers will be large enough to give you length and in turn give you thickness and volume without clumping. The brushes in the lengthening formula as well tend to be thinner so you can get into the base of the lash. Avoid any mascaras marked as Volumizing or Thickening. Those polymers are too large for your lash style and will clump.
- Average Lashes: You want to look for a mascara that is a multi-tasker marked as Lengthening and Thickening. Your lashes can handle a molecule that serves many purposes. Avoid mascaras that are marked to only serve on purpose such as just Length or Just Volumizing.
- Long Lashes: You want to look for a mascara that has the main purpose of Thickening or Volumizing. Your lashes have the frame to hold a larger molecule however the lengthening molecule can make your lashes over separate or look stringy. Avoid any mascaras that are for Lengthening only. If you wear a mascara that is marketed as a multi-tasker,ensure that volumizing is it's main claim to fame and that lengthening is just a side effect. A larger brush for application usually works better on a long lash, distributing product in a more voluptuous fashion rather than over detailing it like a small brush would.
If curling your lashes,curl first then apply mascara. Do not curl after your mascara is already applied.
Curling mascara has a polymer that adds more hold so everyone can use it if they desire.
Waterproof formulas are amazing if you smudge. Note that they do have a higher alcohol content in them so conditioning your lashes at night is highly suggested. Your tube will also dry out faster so once you notice it begins to dry, replace the tube with a fresh one to keep your lashes healthy.
Now that you have the key to your perfect fit..bat those lashes ladies!
Friday, December 9, 2011
- Pour approximately 1/2 cup of sweet almond oil into a glass jar, such as one used for canning. You can use a different type of pale, non-fragrant oil such as grape seed or sunflower oil. It is possible to also use an oil with its own scent if you wish that scent to be part of your finished perfume fragrance.
- Choose flower, fruit or spice parts for the perfume fragrance that you wish to create. Flower parts should include the petals of the flower chopped up and bruised. Cut the fresh herbs up in the same way. Citrus fruits such as orange and lemon can be used for perfume fragrance as well. Use only the peel cut up into small pieces. If spices are used, such as cinnamon or vanilla beans, chop them into chunks. Never use spice powder.
- Pack two to three cups of chopped up plant parts into the sweet almond oil in the glass jar. Make sure the oil is enough to cover all the plant parts. Screw the lid on the jar securely and shake it for a couple of minutes. This will help the fragrance oils from the flowers or fruit begin to infuse into the oil.
- Set the glass jar in a warm, dark place such as a kitchen cupboard or closet. For the first week, shake the jar one time every day. You can shake more frequently if you wish. After the first week, let the jar sit in a warm, dark place for an additional two to three weeks. This gives ample time for the fragrance to transfer to the oil in the jar.
- Place the strainer over the top of the glass jar or bottle where you wish to house your perfume fragrance. Lay the piece of cheesecloth in the strainer so it covers the whole thing. You could also use other type of fine-mesh cotton material.
- Pour the contents of the glass jar into the cheesecloth covering the strainer. Make sure you get out all the plant or spice parts and all the oil. It should be quite fragrant by now. Allow it to strain into the glass bottle completely. After a while, gather the edges of the fabric and squeeze it gently to get all the perfume fragrance into the bottle. You can now use your perfume fragrance in any bath or beauty product you desire.
Here's to smelling fabulous ladies!
Friday, December 2, 2011
Holiday Red Lip.
Simple,right? Any girl can unleash her inner siren and rock this look but by simply adding a few extra simple steps you can really make your features pop this Holiday.
- Liner,baby..using a dark color is all about the lip liner. Making the lip look perfectly defined is the key to the entire lip. A pro trick is to apply your red lipstick first. Apply the lipstick with your mouth only slightly parted and relaxed so that you keep the integrity of the pout. Opening your lips when you apply lip products stretches the shape of the lip making it look smaller. Finally, feather your lip liner around the edge of your lip. Again, hold your lip only parted slightly. Lining the lip last rather than first with a dark color will make the pencil slide easier and your shaping perfect.
- Complexion..to really pop your lip ensure you have prepped your skin and evened out your complexion whether that be though foundation, concealer or powder. By nature, we all have an uneven skin tone and when you even out your complexion you really set the stage for the red lip to pop your look and not that blemish you are rocking!
- Balance..you always want to choose one feature to really be the focal point. In this season's look the lip is center stage so you want to keep the eye more neutral. Adding just a pinch of cream or gold eyeshadow swept along your entire lid with minimal to no eyeliner will give you the perfect balance and symmetry.