- Pour approximately 1/2 cup of sweet almond oil into a glass jar, such as one used for canning. You can use a different type of pale, non-fragrant oil such as grape seed or sunflower oil. It is possible to also use an oil with its own scent if you wish that scent to be part of your finished perfume fragrance.
- Choose flower, fruit or spice parts for the perfume fragrance that you wish to create. Flower parts should include the petals of the flower chopped up and bruised. Cut the fresh herbs up in the same way. Citrus fruits such as orange and lemon can be used for perfume fragrance as well. Use only the peel cut up into small pieces. If spices are used, such as cinnamon or vanilla beans, chop them into chunks. Never use spice powder.
- Pack two to three cups of chopped up plant parts into the sweet almond oil in the glass jar. Make sure the oil is enough to cover all the plant parts. Screw the lid on the jar securely and shake it for a couple of minutes. This will help the fragrance oils from the flowers or fruit begin to infuse into the oil.
- Set the glass jar in a warm, dark place such as a kitchen cupboard or closet. For the first week, shake the jar one time every day. You can shake more frequently if you wish. After the first week, let the jar sit in a warm, dark place for an additional two to three weeks. This gives ample time for the fragrance to transfer to the oil in the jar.
- Place the strainer over the top of the glass jar or bottle where you wish to house your perfume fragrance. Lay the piece of cheesecloth in the strainer so it covers the whole thing. You could also use other type of fine-mesh cotton material.
- Pour the contents of the glass jar into the cheesecloth covering the strainer. Make sure you get out all the plant or spice parts and all the oil. It should be quite fragrant by now. Allow it to strain into the glass bottle completely. After a while, gather the edges of the fabric and squeeze it gently to get all the perfume fragrance into the bottle. You can now use your perfume fragrance in any bath or beauty product you desire.
Here's to smelling fabulous ladies!